Hello y’all! I have some exciting news!
That itch to travel has officially been scratched!
(drumroll please!) I am about to embark on a crazy tour across the country with Exodus Cry!
I will be apart of a team of people giving up two months of their lives to travel around the country showing the documentary “Nefarious: Merchant of Souls” and raising community awareness of the global sex trade. Churches, universities, organizations, individuals will all be hosting us recognizing the need to join the fight against human trafficking in the world.
I have begun training this past week, and will continue training for the next two months. This will require quite a bit of my time and I will be stepping down from my “prestigious” title as “intern”. Change and transition are good right?! In this case I definitely agree. I am looking forward to the future with excitement and a slight sense of the looming imminence of the magnitude of this journey.
I am looking at this next four months as the beginning of a new journey, a self-discovery and living the life of a nomad. Basically it’s everything my boho soul desires and finds exhilarating.
As I enter into this next season I ask you to keep my family, my boyfriend and myself in your hearts and prayers.
Here are a few things that need prayer:
1. I will be searching for a new place to live because currently when I come back from the tour in May I won’t have a place to live!
2. Being apart from my family and boyfriend will be a challenging season! Pray that the Lord will protect us all from anything that might happen to my loved ones or myself.
3. I will be quitting my “day job” as a Gap-guru before I leave for the tour. When I return I will be searching for a job to supplement the deficit from travelling for two months.
4. Pray we as a team are blessed with finances so we are all able to go on the tour without un-needed stress.
5. Pray for our team to become a unit and be strong and in sync with one another so there is a level of harmony.
I am so excited for the chance to travel around the country as a vagabond with a cause.
Please join with me in my excitement and my tears for I know there will be both!